Monday, April 22, 2019

Danny Garcia First To Stop Adrian Granados!



On Saturday night at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California, Danny Garcia (35-2, 21 KOs) stopped Adrian Granados (20-7-2, 14 KOs) by seventh-round TKO in the main event of the PBC card on FOX.


Garcia proved to be still one of the best welterweights as he dominated Granados from the opening bell. Garcia definitely looked to be that fighter who held three world titles in two weight divisions.


Garcia worked behind his jab and added in some combinations downstairs. Toward the end of the second-round, a short right caused Granados’ knees to buckle. Granados continued to engage in the middle of the ring. Midway through the second, Garcia landed a combination that ended with a short left hook. That shot drove Granados across the ring and down to the canvas. He was up quickly but Garcia sent him down again with a counter right.

Garcia scored his third knockdown in the fifth round, dropping Granados with a three-punch combination. In the seventh Garcia landed some hard rights to back the battered Granados into the ropes. Garcia let fired off some vicious shots that snapped Granados’s head back. Referee Thomas Taylor saw enough causing him to stop the fight at 1:33.

Garcia:

"The way to make a statement tonight was to stop him. The game plan was to break him down. I have too many tools. I couldn't let him hang around with me. I hope I didn't scare Manny Pacquiao away. I'd love a rematch with Shawn Porter or Keith Thurman, or a fight with Errol Spence Jr. I'm back!"

Granados:

"He caught me with some good shots but I really thought I was fine. I think the referee was a little over-protective. I had a plan to go the whole fight and they stopped me on my feet. I was still catching him with shots. I was still dangerous and looking for a big shot to change the fight. The referee had to do his job though and I understand it."

No comments:

Post a Comment