Monday, May 13, 2019

Devin Haney Next Fight Set After Inking Matchroom Boxing Deal!





Matchroom Boxing USA and 20-year-old Devin Haney has signed a multi-million dollar deal  and will have his first fight under their banner on May 25 at the MGM National  Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. The bout will be part of the Usyk-Takam card that will stream live on DAZN.  Haney has been self-promoted since  he started his professional career in 2015. Devin Haney Promotions has been featured in his past couple of appearances on Showtime’s ShoBox series. 

The undefeated Haney (21-0, 13 KO's) will face Mexico’s Antonio Moran (24-3, 17 KO's) in his Matchroom debut. Moran, 26, lost decision to Jose Pedraza in June 2018.

Haney is ranked No. 3 by the WBC at 135 pounds and here's what he had to say:



“I’m excited about my multi-million dollar partnership with Matchroom Boxing. All this hard work is finally paying off. This is a huge chapter in my career. I have a co-promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing, Eddie Hearn is the perfect guy for me to go in business with."

”While Matchroom will provide the infrastructure, together we will select the best opponents to showcase my talents in the sexiest cities in the world. I’m the future of the sport, and without a doubt in my mind. I’m going to continue to set the boxing world on fire. Matchroom and DAZN now have another superstar: me!”

“Antonio Moran is a tough fighter with a lot of experience. He has been in the ring with good opposition,” Haney said. “He fought Jose Pedraza to a decision last year, so I know he comes to fight. I expect nothing less from him on May 25. I’ve been in the gym working hard. Everyone knows that I stay ready and May 25 can’t come soon enough. On fight night the world will see I’m ready for anyone.”

Eddie Hearn:
“Devin Haney is a superstar, no two ways about it. At just 20 years old he has already racked up 21 victories, untouched as a pro and has become one of the most talked about fighters in America."

“The big fights are right in front of him, he is ready for anyone and we look forward to a wonderful partnership together. DAZN has another exceptional talent on their platform.”

No comments:

Post a Comment