Sunday, May 12, 2019

Final Quotes From Jarrett Hurd After Losing The Unified Title To Julian Williams!


(Photo by TRAPPFOTOS)

Jarrett Hurd:

"He is a lot sharper than I expected. I knew he had great inside game. It was a little better than I expected. He landed some great shots inside. I thought the close fight was going to benefit me, but it went to both sides.

"I was surprised when I went down because the punch really wasn't on my face or chin, it was on the side of the head and I fell over. I wasn't dizzy, but it did surprise me.

"The pressure didn't get to me. I just feel like J-Rock truly was the better man tonight. I kind of think hearing my hometown with my name being chanted, it caused me to try a little harder instead of just staying relaxed and take my time. That could have played a part, but no excuses.

"I felt like they had a game plan that worked better tonight. We also had a game plan and it was to keep the pressure on him, but he came in shape and he came out the victor.

"I definitely want the rematch. They can stitch me up right now and I could go out there and do it.

"If I could do it differently, I would have taken my time more. I was trying too hard to land big punches. I saw that I started to hurt him in the sixth round. I had him on the ropes. I was trying to keep that momentum in the middle rounds. If I had kept that momentum, I would have won the fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment