Monday, February 13, 2012

Professional boxing talent in the DMV.




















If you sit back and think of all the boxing talent right here in the Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia areas you will see that this area  had and still very much has a long list of boxing hopefuls. There are notable names like Sugar Ray Leonard, Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson, Keith Holmes, Andrew Council, Sharmba Mitchell, Riddick Bowe, Lamont Pearson, Darryl Tyson, Derrell Coley, William Joppy, and current fighters like, Lamont and Anthony Peterson, Gary Russell, DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley, Tony Thompson, Seth Mitchell, Thomas Snow, Dusty Harrison, Alantez Fox, Ty Barnett, Brandon Quarles, Tony Jeter, Jimmy Lange. I can't forget about our Lady WBC and WIBA Middleweight Champion Tori "Sho Nuff" Nelson and many more. Out of the names I listed, there are some former and current title holders. Now you tell me why boxing isn't as large in our own home town. Let me start. For one and I think this is the biggest reason, the people here do not support local fighters like they should. 2. SOME but not all the fighters train like they should be training to become and stay champions. 3. SOME but not all the fighters go out to promote themselves to get the home crowd interested in the sport. Now this is only what I think. The people who are reading this might have other reason or might even disagree to what I wrote. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment