Friday, February 3, 2017

Thomas "Top Dog" Williams Takes On Marcus Browne In 10 Round Light Heavyweight Battle!

Light Heavyweight Clash



On February 18 there will be a 10-round, Light heavyweight match-up between undefeated knockout artist Marcus Browne (18-0, 13 KOs) and former title challenger Thomas Williams Jr. (20-2, 14 KO's).

Browne has been inactive since April 2016, when he won an eight-round split decision over fellow unbeaten Radivoje Kalajdzic. The 26-year-old southpaw from Staten Island, New York, dropped Kalajdzic in the first round before getting knocked down himself in Round 6.

Prior to facing Kalajdzic, Browne had stopped six of seven opponents, including four first-round stoppages. He is currently ranked tenth by the WBC, sixth by the IBF, and eleventh by the WBO.

In Williams, Browne will be facing a fellow southpaw and his most experienced foe to date. Williams, 29-year-old native of Fort Washington, Maryland, is ranked twelve by the WBC and also is coming off a fourth-round knockout loss to Light Heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson in July 2016. Three months prior to that in a title eliminator, Williams scored a vicious second-round knockout of ex-title challenger Edwin Rodriguez.

Both Browne and Williams said they asked for this fight, and they’re eager to get in the ring and trade leather.

Browne:  "I’m ready to go to work and fight, and it doesn’t matter if I am the underdog; so be it. Let me be the underdog. I just want to beat this guy up. This is who I wanted to fight. I am fired up about this one, and I can’t wait until February 18."

Williams:  "On February 18, I’m not leaving anything up to the judges. I think Marcus has gotten some gifts in the past, so I’m not leaving this up to anyone but myself."

"I wanted to stay in the mix. I don’t need a tuneup. I’ve been fighting since I was 5 years old. I just need to get in there and fight. I think this is going to be a really good battle."

No comments:

Post a Comment