Monday, May 20, 2019

Devin Haney Set To Battle Antonio Moran At The MGM National Harbor In Oxon Hill, Maryland!




Undefeated top lightweight prospect Devin Haney (21-0, 13 KO) will make his DAZN debut. After signing a co-promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing their first card together will be Saturday, May 25 at the MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. Devin Haney will take on Mexico’s Antonio Moran (24-3, 17 KO).  This bout between Haney and Moran was initially an undercard fight. The previous main event was scheduled to be cruiserweight world champion Oleksandr Usyk  making his heavyweight debut against former world title challenger Carlos Takam, but Usyk suffered a bicep injury during training.

Devin Haney:

”I can’t wait to showcase my talent on DAZN and show my partners at Matchroom they made the right choice. I will prove I’m an elite fighter and I can rise to the competition. Making my DAZN main event debut in the DMV area is very special, I get the chance to fight in front of some great fight fans. I’m going to put on a great show. I have no doubt in my mind that I’m elevating the sport of boxing with Matchroom and DAZN by my side. We are changing the game. May 25th, the world will bear witness.”

”This has been a really good training camp. We started camp in the Bay Area training with Victor Conte and sparring Amir Khan. I was able to get some elite work with not only him but Mike Dallas as well. So, I started off strong in the beginning of camp, and when I moved camp back to Las Vegas, I was sharp. I just wrapped up my final sparring session before we leave for Maryland. I’ve put the work in, and my body feels great. I’m ready to go.”

”Moran is a very tall fighter who brings a lot experience to the ring. I know he’ll be at his very best. He’s had two months to prepare for me. I’m prepared as well for anything that he’s going to bring to on fight night. The fans watching are in for a treat.”

BILL HANEY, Father and Trainer:

”Me and Devin have always had a great relationship. We respect each other and understand where the other is coming from. We have a plan and we are on the same page. He’s had a great camp and fans can expect to see a fighter that’s ready for a World Title.

”Signing a co-promotional agreement with Matchroom Boxing has been a blessing. Eddie Hearn is someone I have a lot of respect for. All the sacrifices DHP made as a team paid off when we inked this deal. Now it’s time to show the world who the next superstar in boxing is. Together with Matchroom and DAZN no one will stop us.”

”This is not an easy fight stylistically because Moran is so tall, I believe he is listed at 6’0. That’s a little freaky for a lightweight. Needless to say this is the type of fight he needs. We want to show the world that Devin can make adjustments with any fighter out there. Antonio Moran has faced some very good fighters, but the world will see Devin is on a different level.

No comments:

Post a Comment