Monday, June 7, 2021

Hard Work Pays Off For The Debuting Washington, D.C. Born Fighter, Jalil Hackett!

Jalil Hackett of Washington, DC scored a first-round knockout of his opponent Angelo Diaz only 61 seconds of their scheduled four round welterweight fight. He landed a left jab followed by a hard straight right hand to send Diaz to the canvas to end the fight. Hackett made his professional debut on the Mayweather vs. Logan Paul undercard that took place Sunday night, June 6. 


Jalil Hackett:

"It’s great, I’ve been working hard for this since I was 8 years old. So for the hard work to pay off, is good.”

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience fighting on the same card as Floyd Mayweather," Hackett said. "To fight on his card and to win, how I won is just great."

"I come home tomorrow, I'm right back in the gym Tuesday, I'm still working and I'll stay ready so I don't have to get ready," he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment