Sunday, June 11, 2023

Shane Mosley Jr. Stops D’Mitrius Ballard In Seventh Round

Shane Mosley Jr. of Panoma, CA defeated D'Mitrius Ballard of Temple Hills, Maryland  by TKO in the seventh round of their scheduled 10-round co-main event bout at Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA, on Saturday night, June 10, 2023. 

Mosley Jr. and D'Mitrius Ballard co-f was co-feature bout leading up to Jaime Munguia vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko live stream on DAZN

Mosley Jr. sent Ballard down in round 5. Thomas Taylor stepped in and waved the fight off at 1:42 seconds into the seventh round following a combination of punches. Shane Mosley Jr. improved to (20-4, 11 KO's) after the impressive showing over Ballard. 



Shane Mosley Jr.:

“The plan was to take control of the fight from the first round, I was a control freak in there,” said Shane Mosley Jr. “Control the pace even when he was walking me back it was because I wanted him to walk me back. I put him where I wanted him to be. And you saw when I turned it up, it was too much for him. So I did what I needed to do, we got the knockout.”

“This guy is 21-1 the only person to beat him was the main event, Jaime Munguia. This means I’m on the road to getting that strap, that belt, it’s strap season. I’m going to be the WBA world champion.”


No comments:

Post a Comment