Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ardrien Broner Proved To Be Too Strong For Theophane In Washington, DC!

Ardrien Broner Predicted A Fourth Round Knockout But Got It In Nine!



Broner set the tone of the fight by showing his speed, power and versatility. Theophane tried to show some boxing skills by landing some solid shots on the speedy Broner. It was'nt  long before Broner proved to be too much for Theophane, as he landed power shots at will and began to dominate. As Broner started to brake his opponent down it became easier for him to overpower Theophane and get the ninth round stoppage at 1:10 giving him the TKO victory.

Adrien “The Problem” Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) as Theophane is now  (39-7-1, 11 KOs).

Adrien Broner:

"When people fight me, they come with their 'A' game, and he came with his 'A' game. But even his 'A' game wasn't enough tonight. 

"As you know, I've been going through a lot and for me to come in here and bottle everything up and do what I did, I want to give myself a pat on the back." 

Ashley Theophane:

"I thought the stoppage was premature because I thought I was in the fight. Me and Broner were going at it. It looked like he was starting to get tired because he started to move around and wasn't able to stay there with me as much. 

"I thought the fight was back and forth and I think the next four rounds would have been the same. No way should the fight have gotten stopped. It's a shame the referee did that. I was telling the referee, 'I'm okay, I'm okay.' Then he waived it off. I don't know what he was thinking." 







No comments:

Post a Comment