Saturday, April 9, 2016

Gary Russell, Jr. Defends WBC Featherweight Championship Title Against Patrick Hyland!



Russell and Hyland are two fighters that have been working hard to stabilize themselves in a division that has become a loaded with great competition.This includes fellow champion Leo Santa Cruz (32-0-1, 18 KOs), who is coming off a very impressive fifth-round TKO of Kiko Martinez in February; Lee Selby (21-1, 8 KOs), who making his second title defense against Eric Hunter; and Vasyl Lomachenko (5-1, 3 KOs), the only man to defeat Gary Russell Jr.

Gary Russell Jr:

“I’m excited about being back in the ring,” said Russell. “It’s been a year because of an injury, but I’m feeling great and more ready than ever. I’ll be prepared for anything. I’m looking forward to meeting Mr. Hyland on the 16th and I’m ready to prove I’m the best featherweight in the world.”

Patrick Hyland:

“This is a fantastic opportunity to fight for the WBC title, one of the belts that I’ve always wanted to hold. It means the world to me to be fighting for this title against a real champion like Gary Russell Jr. I think he’s a great fighter who does everything well so I have to be at my best on fight night. But I know I can beat him and take that belt home to Ireland. I’m just a lad from Jobstown in Tallaght who works hard and loves the fight game. I’ve been trained all my life by my father, may God rest him, and to win a world title will make all of his hard work and effort worthwhile.”

SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING
Sat, Apr 16 at 11:00 PM on SHOWTIME

No comments:

Post a Comment