Saturday, May 19, 2018

Gary Antuanne Russell Knockout Streak Continues!



(Photos by Daniel Cork)



The youngest fighting Russell brothers, Gary Antuanne Russell of Capitol Heights, MD made quick work of his opponent Wilmer Rodriguez of Santo Domingo, DR. 


Form the start of the first-round Russell put his fast hands to work by landing a hard left to the head of Rodriguez to sens him to the canvas. Rodriguez beat the eight count but Russell backed him into the ropes and landed another left hook that dropped Rodriguez for the final time. The referee counted Rodriguez out at 1:54 of the first-round.

Gary Antuanne Russell remains undefeated at (6-0-6 KO's) and Rodriguez falls to (9-3, 7 KO's)





Post fight quotes from GARY ANTUANNE RUSSELL:

"It's my hometown and I expect my hometown to be behind me and support me. This was a great experience competing here at MGM National Harbor. It was electric. It wasn't my first time, but it always feels like home. 

"It fills my heart up to be able to excite my hometown fans and give something back to all of them.

"I have no scars or bruises, it was quick and fast, so whatever my coach says, I'll follow his lead. I followed his instructions tonight and executed. 

"As a fighter I have to have a strong mental foundation. I wasn't worried about how my opponent came into this fight, just that I was at my peak. With that focus, I was able to get the job done."

No comments:

Post a Comment