Saturday, May 4, 2019

Canelo Álvarez Unifies Middleweight Title By Defeating Daniel Jacobs!





Alvarez defeated Danny Jacobs by unanimous  decision at Las Vegas' T-Mobile Arena to unify the middleweight division. Alvarez put his three championship belts on the line and picked up the IBF middleweight title with this win.

During the opening round it wasn't much action from Alvarez or Jacobs. The exchange of punches were minimal, but Alvarez landed the clear and harder shots of the two. Throughout the rounds Jacobs switched from conventional to southpaw thinking that would keep Alvarez off balance, but it didn't seem to help. Jacobs had a better performance fighting as a right hander. Alvarez's head movement was outstanding as he slipped a lot of the punches Jacobs was trying to land. This bout looked very easy for Alvarez. Jacobs never put on any serious pressure to have Alvarez or his corner concerned. 


Canelo Alvarez:


"It was just what we thought because of the style of fight that he brings but we just did our job. We knew he was going to be a difficult fighter but thank God we did things the right way."


Danny Jacobs:


"I feel great. I'll have to go back to the tapes and see exactly what the judges thought but I had conversations with my corner that I was up yet I still pressed forward because I wanted to finish strong. He is a heck of a champion and I have to take my hat off to him."


Alvarez improves to (52-1-2, 35 KO's) in his career while Jacobs is now (35-3, 29 KO's) as the judges scored the bout 116-112, 115-113 and 115-113.

No comments:

Post a Comment