Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dusty Hernandez-Harrison's 15th Fight and 19th Birthday Approaching Soon


Dusty Hernandez-Harrison shows off the Jordan Brand athletic shirt he trained in at the open workout on May 13, 2013. The workout was held at the LA Boxing Gym in Georgetown, NW Washington, DC. Jordan Brand is a sponsor for the All-In Entertainment professional boxing card called Champion Class. The Champion Class card will take place Saturday May 18, 2013 at the University of the District of Columbia Sports Complex. 


Dusty Hernandez-Harrison had a very impressive amateur career of over 195 wins. That was enough to convince the District of Columbia Athletic Commission to give Harrison his professional boxers licence at the age of 17. Harrison is 18 but will be celebrating his 19th birthday on May 21, 2013. The undefeated record of (14-0, 8KO's) is very impressive for a young fighter that started at 17 years old.

Dusty has been in the ring for so long that he is never nervous. Dusty says "I guess I'm pretty calm until I walk into the ring. My mom tells me I always look different when I'm coming to the ring, but when she see's me in the dressing room I'm laughing and playing games."


People might be wondering when will Dusty be ready to fight major opponents for a world title. Buddy Harrison (dad / trainer) " He's only 18. What's the rush? Maybe in another year or two or even if the right opportunity presents itself then maybe. You never know. He's only 18."  




No comments:

Post a Comment