Thursday, May 18, 2017

Andre Dirrell and Jose Uzcategui Will Battle For The IBF Super Middleweight World Championship!

Super Middleweight contenders Andre Dirrell and Jose Uzcategui, set to battle for the IBF Super Middleweight World Championship
Saturday, May 20 at the MGM National Harbor in Maryland






ANDRE DIRRELL

"It's been a long hard journey for me. But I've always managed to climb back on top. The hard work that I've put in will make Saturday night easy work.

"My opponent is a fantastic fighter. If anyone should be in line for a title it's this guy. He has the the power and he has the skill. I just believe he's up against a better and tougher opponent.

"I'm going to get in the ring and display all of my abilities. I'm very confident and ready. It's time for Andre to get on top and stay on top.

"I've been out of the ring for a while but most importantly, I've stayed in the gym in training the whole time. I've kept positive mentally as well. Everything is going upward right now and I'm going to take advantage.

"Uzcategui has everything a world champion needs to get to that title, but he's facing a more skilled competitor on May 20. He's deserving of the opportunity and that's why I trained so hard for this fight.

"The title means the world to me. We fight for the titles first. We're all coming from the amateurs where we got trophies. My love will always be here with the sport until the day I retire."



JOSE UZCATEGUI

"You won't want to miss any of these fights on Saturday night. It's a great card and I'm planning to steal the show.

"I like when my opponent talks a lot. None of the stuff my opponent says can help him in the ring. It's just me, him and our fists.

"It's a lot of responsibility to be the top contender for the belt. I have to make it clear that we deserve this so that I can move on to bigger and better things.

"People are going to get to see my power on display Saturday night, but also my other skills. I can do it all in the ring and I'm going to prove it.

"After this I want to take on James DeGale and Gilberto Ramirez. I'm coming to clean out this whole division and be undisputed. It starts on Saturday."



No comments:

Post a Comment