Thursday, May 18, 2017

Two-Division World Champion Rances Barthelemy And Former Title Challenger Kiryl Relikh Set To Fight In A 140lb Eliminator Bout!

140-Pound Title Eliminator Between Rances Barthelemy And Former Title Challenger Kiryl Relikh Live On SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING Saturday May 20 At The MGM National Harbor In Maryland




RANCES BARTHELEMY

"I'm living a dream right now that I myself never in a million years imagined. Every time I get to speak with my mother in Cuba, I tell her of this dream that I am currently living and how it is still surreal to me. To be able to fight on these big cards in the U.S. after the long journey, after all the setbacks, I could not be any more grateful.

"Being a world champion in two different weight divisions is something still unreal to me after people doubted whether I would even become a world champion one day. But this journey does not stop here for me. I have the urge to keep on going, make history for my people, and fight the big names in boxing.

"Everyone in my team supports and motivates each other because we know we as Cubans have to work twice as hard as everybody else. There is an unfair representation of Cuban boxers among the press and fans here in America. We are misconstrued as being boring fighters therefore we are determined to erase that stigma and prove to everyone that we can brawl and put on a good show just as much as we can box.

"I have been working on some new and different things to add to my arsenal this training camp. My whole team has been incredible and pushed me every day.

"Don't miss this fight on Saturday night. It's going to be eventful and exciting. I'm coming to get a spectacular win."

KIRYL RELIKH

"I'm very happy to be here and be a part of this great show. I will do my best to give a great fight on Saturday.

"Camp was perfect. I have a great team and I'm ready for anything. We worked hard and it's going to be a great performance.

"I'm ready for any style that that Rances Barthelemy can bring into the ring. We thought that we got the win in Scotland against Ricky Burns, but it is very hard to win on points on the road.

"I always fight in different countries so this is just another one on my list. It's normal for me. I'm very ready for the challenge and I'm expecting a great fight.

"I hope that people like my style. I'm going to entertain the fans and get a victory over Rances Barthelemy on Saturday night."






No comments:

Post a Comment