Thursday, November 30, 2017

Avery Sparrow Dominates Jose Lopez On Golden Boy Promotions Card On ESPN Telecast!


(Photos by Daniel Cork)

Inside the Theater at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland Avery Sparrow of Philadelphia, PA defeated Jose Lopez out of Caralina, PR by unanimous decision. 

Sparrow was the fighter with the most accurate punches throughout the ten round super featherweight contest.  The right hand was the key to success for Sparrow. He was able to consistently land some looping shots on Lopez. Lopez was starting to show he was bothered by the power of Sparrow. Sparrow kept coming forward to take complete control of the bout. All three judges scored the bout for Sparrow 97-93, and 96-94 twice. 

Avery Sparrow record is now (9-1, 3 KO's) while Jose Lopez falls to (18-2-1, 13 KO's).




“I feel great. I showed that I had more experience,” said Sparrow. “I did what I had to do and even hurt him a couple times. We knew the game plan was to take me to deep waters, so we started cautiously and reversed the plan. We took him to deep waters and got the victory.”


No comments:

Post a Comment