Thursday, November 30, 2017

Undercard Results From The Golden Boy Promotions Card At The MGM National Harbor!



(Fight Photos by Daniel Cork)

Opening the action of the Golden Boy Promotions card at the MGM National Harbor was a four round super middleweight bout that ended in a majority draw between Thomas Williams of Lynchburg, VA taking on Alberto Delgado of Roanoke, VA. Judge Dave Braslow scored the bout 39-37 while Judges John Gradowski and Paul Wallace scored it even at 38-38. 

Both fighters are still looking for their first wins. Thomas Williams is (0-0-2) while Alberto Delgado is (0-2-3).

Williams: “This fight went the same way as my last fight. All I can say is that Delgado is one tough guy.”

Delgado: “It was a tough fight. I gave everything, but I needed more power to win.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening up the ESPN3 online telecast it was a four round cruiserweight bout were Lamont Capers gave Luther Smith the second loss of his career. Capers was sent to the canvas late in the first round, but Capers was able to beat the count. In the remainder of the contest Capers looked to be the more aggressive fighter as Smith's couldn't seem to land his power shots. Judge Dave Braslow scored the bout 38-37 for Smith while Paul Wallace and John Gradowski had it 38-37 giving Lamont Capers the split decision victory. 



Luther Smith falls to (9-2, 8 KO's) while Lamont Capers improves his record to (8-10-3).

“I did good,” said Capers. “They saw me as the underdog, but I pushed him and I conquered.”

“I wasn’t tired,” said Smith. “I simply wasn’t able to land the shots I wanted to land and that my coach was asking for. He [Capers] never hurt me, but he was a lot busier.”


In a eight round super featherweight bout Manuel Avila of Fairfield, CA defeated Diuhl Olguin of Guadalajara, Mexico by unanimous decision with the scores of 77-75, 78-74 twice. 

Manuel Avila improves to (23-1 8 KO's) as Diuhl Olguin falls to (11-9-2, 9 KO's).

"I feel good about this win because I was working on different things,” said Avila. “It threw me off that the opponent was decided at the last moment and that I hurt my left hand. Overall, it was a great learning experience because I chose to work on thing and with a good opponent."





No comments:

Post a Comment