Sunday, March 24, 2019

Jamontay Clark Win Close Decision Over Vernon Brown!


(Photo by Daniel Cork)

The co-feature of the FS1 telecast resulted in "The Quiet Assassin" Jamontay Clark of Cincinnati,  Oh winning a 10-round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Vernon "Subzero" Brown of Chicago, IL.

Vernon Brown landed a powerful right hand that sent Clark stumbling against the ropes in round three, causing referee Kenny Chevalier to give him a standing eight count. Clark came back to land some good shots of his own on Brown to work his way back into the fight. Judges saw it unanimous for Clark with the scores of 96-93 (twice) and 95-94 to improve his record to 14-1, seven KO's.  Brown loses for the first time and he is 10-1-1, seven KO's.

Clark vs. Brown Quotes:

JAMONTAY CLARK

"I've been down before and I've seen the worst of the worst. This was nothing. I just kept grinding. I got the win and now I'm going to sit down and see what's next for me. 

"I boxed a little bit better the last few rounds and used my height. I made him miss and made him over reach. That was the game plan."

VERNON BROWN

"He had the reach and I was trying to catch him. I was throwing my hook but I was a little off. I still think I won the fight. I caught him with the better shots. He was just slapping me with the hook and trying to catch up that way. 


"If they want to do it again, let's do it again. Let's make it a 12 rounder. I don't think he can survive 12 rounds with me. My coach knew that I needed the knockout but it's still on to the next. I'm just going to go into the gym and work even harder."

No comments:

Post a Comment