Sunday, April 14, 2019

Claressa Shields Unifies Middleweight Division!




Prior to coming into this unification bout, Shields (9-0) held three versions of the middleweight title and put on a dominant performance to take Hammer's title of the division to unify the championship Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic  City, NJ. Shields had thousands of fans on their feet rooting her on in person and from home.


Shields: "I am the greatest woman of all time. Give me that." "I feel like I'm dreaming, I knew I could hurt her. I thought I finished her around round 8. I was so pumped."

Hammer's mouthpiece went flying out her mouth in the eighth round when Shields was relentlessly landing blows to the face as she tried to hold on to finish the round.

Shields of Flint, Michigan had the fans howling for "T-Rex!" Shields said in the ring. "Women's boxing, we're on fire. I can't wait to see the next super fight."

Shield won 98-91 on two cards and 98-92 on the other, and was simply dominant over 10 two-minute rounds. Hammer suffers the first loss of her professional career, falling to (24-1).

No comments:

Post a Comment