Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Crawford vs. Khan Saturday April 20th On ESPN PPV!



The undefeated welterweight titleholder Terence Crawford (34-0, 25 KO's) will be defending his title against Amir Khan (33-4, 20 KO's) , who last fought in the U.S. on May 7, 2016, when he was knocked out by Canelo Alvarez at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Khan decided to remain home in England for his previous two bouts against Phil Lo Greco, who he defeated by first-round knockout, and he defeated Samuel Vargas by twelve-round unanimous decision. Now Khan looks to return to the U.S. for Crawford's title.

The two fighters will face off this Saturday, April 20 inside Madison Square Garden at 9 p.m. Live on ESPN PPV.

CRAWFORD: I was naturally gifted with an ability to move, but my coaches brought it out of me as an amateur. The power came a bit later. A complete fighter can fight going forward or backward, counter, move well and take a punch. I put in a lot of work to learn multiple styles.

I'm comfortable with either hand. I think all the practice that I had as an amateur going southpaw or orthodox made me what I am today.

Before we get in the ring, I can't speak on anything we don't know for sure. All that will be answered after the fight.

KHAN: I never think negative like that. Once I step in the ring, I'm sure that I'll know when to step back and when not to step back and when to ease off and when not to.

Look, if he wants to exchange with me, I'm going to be ready. I knocked a lot of people down and knocked a lot of people out in amateurs. I was 17 when I was knocking out men. If Crawford thinks it's going to be easy with me, then he's going to be shocked.

Crawford is not giving me the credit for my power. I believe I'll win by a unanimous decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment